Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  9:23 pm
Subject:  re: Bartoli this, Bartoli that

Pablo solicited opinions about Cecilia Bartoli. Here is mine:

I think she's a brilliant artist. I am well aware of how unorthodox her
technique is and how distracting her physical quirks can be (magnified on
film, not nearly as distracting in a live performance, at least not where I
sit!) but I think she is a magnificent communicator who genuinely shares
with an audience. She is very canny in her repertoire choices, which I
also respect a lot. Her sense of sheer unself-conscious pleasure in
singing is something that I aspire to in my own work.

Naomi Gurt Lind

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12372 Re: Bartoli this, Bartoli that Ernie Valenzuela   Fri  6/1/2001   2 KB

emusic.com