Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Maria Razumova" <masha@p...>
Date:  Fri Apr 28, 2000  6:24 pm
Subject:  Rachmaninov songs

> "Siren'"
> "V molchan'i nochi taynoy" !
> "Vyesenniya Vodi"
>
> I don't know russian well enough to know if I know the songs you mentioned
> or not.
>
> Btw, I have English translations for the first two titles, but wondered if
> any one could point me at a translation for the third (Vyesenniya), or at
> least give me a translation of the title?

Dear Karl,

I am pretty sure I have English version for "Vesennije vody", I have to look
for one I will be satisfied with. Usually German translations from Russian
are very close (considering meaning and musical similarity), but English are
really far off... BYW, "Spring streams" - that would be, I think, the
closest translation of the title.

Maria

emusic.com