Vocalist.org archive

From:  agoldhammer@y...
agoldhammer@y...
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  3:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Least admired singers

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Karen Mercedes <vocalist-temporary@y..., Karen Mercedes < > like Dario Volante, will be overshadowed unjustly

I snipped out a lot of the preceding stuff about Cura. I too saw
both Washington Opera productions and enjoyed Cura very much. He was
on pitch and in the case of Samson, his performance was quite
riveting. I didn't care for the beginning of Otello with his "world-
weary" Esultate, but did like the remainder.

I agree in spades about Dario Volante being overshadowed. I've got
several of his Argentinian performances on tape and CD and he has the
goods. Too bad only Pittsburgh has realized this to date. I doubt
he will surface here in DC until he wins Domingo's Operalia.

Alan

emusic.com