Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  2:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Power Performance for Singers Workshop

In a message dated 6/1/2001 8:17:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
khollis@m... writes:
khollis@m... writes:

<< Paraphrased, 'It's only when we are able to
truly love ourselves that we can love others.'
The performance analogy would be that unless we can truly enjoy the
act of performance for ourselves we can't share that enjoyment with an
audience. >>

two things that come immediately to mind; if you don't love performing,
why on earth would you do it? and, how about loving the material so much,
you want to share IT with the audience rather than one's love for oneself?
i think that if a performer is truly caught up in the material and getting
the point of it across, there'll be little room left over to get caught up in
psycho-drama. bernstein, for all his ego, felt that losing oneself in the
material was key to doing something extraordinary.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12357 versimilitude of emotion, was:Power Performance f John Alexander Blyth   Fri  6/1/2001   3 KB
12406 Re: versimilitude of emotion, was:Power Performan gsanders@b...   Sun  6/3/2001   3 KB

emusic.com