Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Jun 1, 2001  4:32 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Least admired singers

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Margaret Harrison wrote:

> experience. Like Callas, or Pantinkin, I think some folks
> are put off by the unusual intensity of the performer. I

Surely you jest when you imply that anyone who is as passionate a
fan of Neil Shicoff as I am might be "put off by the unusual intensity" of
a performer? Me? The person who was taking Jon Vickers to task on
rec.music.opera for being too restrained in that OTELLO scene broadcast on
PBS last night, which other people found so intense as to be shattering
and searing? Puhleeze....

KM
NEIL SHICOFF, TENORE SUPREMO
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html