Vocalist.org archive

From:  "kandahar" <kandahar@i...>
Date:  Fri Apr 28, 2000  2:24 pm
Subject:  summer programs

Hi everyone!

I just joined the temporary group after a pretty swamped month or two--I
must admit I didn't mind the crash too much when it came: I hate to miss
anything on the list, but I was having such a hard time keeping up!

I'm still busy--performance of G&S "Patience" next week (set in the
60s!!)--but things are cooling down, so I can get ready for my summer.

I was looking forward to rejoining, but was specifically prompted by a big
question I have for you all....

I've been accepted into 2 summer programs: Seagle Music Colony and Opera in
the Ozarks. I know a fair amount about the Seagle one, esp. since Darren K.
Woods was on the list for awhile. I don't know much about the Ozarks
program (director Carroll Freeman), though, except that they perform a lot
of opera, standard rep, with orchestra. (Seagle is more MT, without orch.)
At first I was more interested in Ozarks, because the rep. is more what
interests me (though I know I'll still enjoy Seagle), but I was looking at
the commentaries at the Classical Singer website. All reviews of Seagle
rave on, whereas there's only one review of the Ozarks--and it's negative.

Would anyone happen to have any knowledge, commentary, etc. on either of
these programs or their directors? (feel free to write privately, if you
wish)

Greatly appreciated... (and glad to be back!!)

Alleson Aering
Montreal
kandahar@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1231 Re: summer programs Zerbintta@a...   Fri  4/28/2000   2 KB
1240 Re: summer programs kandahar   Fri  4/28/2000   2 KB
1242 Re: summer programs DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Fri  4/28/2000   2 KB
1244 Re: summer programs kandahar   Fri  4/28/2000   2 KB

emusic.com