Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
"DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Wed May 30, 2001  6:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] My nomination: most despised singer (was Mandy)

mike wrote:

>were do i begin... i guess i'll just pick out some of the highlights of
my hatred.

Long ago (1994) when VOCALIST first began, our community agreed that we
would not sit around and tear down singers. The ones I hate may be the
ones you love, or vice versa. We agreed that if we had a criticism, we
would state it clearly (and kindly?), but that we would not just trash
singers for the heck of it. Seeing the above sentence makes me feel we
have strayed from our original agreement, and I, for one, would like to
advocate our return to it. Why do we need to vote on the most despised
singer? I'd rather spend my time reading more positive and uplifting
comments.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com