Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
"DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Tue May 29, 2001  10:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Mandy Patinkin

I had the pleasure of hearing MP do a live show here in Memphis a couple
of years ago, and I thought he was a terrific entertainer and a captivating
singer. I was fascinated with the many different ways that he used his
voice, and thoroughly enjoyed his show and his singing. Of course, I did
wonder at times what he would sound like if he sang unmiked and used his
voice the way a classical singer would. But, hey, it's his choice, and I
had no complaints. Sorry that so many on this list feel negative towards
him. Different strokes, I guess.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com