Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@c...>
John Link <johnlink@c...>
Date:  Tue May 29, 2001  6:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Projection of voice

Stephanie wrote:

>Just wanted to ask what this could mean.
>I was singing today to some people, and they said that they could hear me
>better when in another room than when they were actually near me. Its
>almost like I am louder when they aren't near.
>What could this be?

Well, it can't be distance per se because the direct energy received
falls off with the square of the distance. I suspect that the
arrangement of walls is acting as an amplifier. My desk is next to a
corridor that connects to another room. Conversations in the other
room are definitely amplified by the corridor.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais
http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet

emusic.com