Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Mon May 28, 2001  4:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Il segreto di Susanna

I've heard it done with young, light voices very effectively. Perhaps
Susanna's secret vice is all the more striking in revelation if the voice
is a sweet pure little thing! But if the aria is taken out of context the
audience already has to get its collective imagination working, and a
bigger, darker sound, might add another dimension to the whole proposition!
john