Vocalist.org archive

From:  chenweijie81@y...
chenweijie81@y...
Date:  Mon May 28, 2001  2:33 am
Subject:  Overuse of "high" notes

Dear Vocalists and list,
recently I tried to vocalise my C5 and D5,it's as if
they are not feeling as comfortable as I used to sing them.Though I
am not feeling so uncomfortable singing them,there is definitely a
buzzing sensation in my C5. I was wondering if it was becos of the
overuse of the these high notes that I am not able to sing them
as easy as I used to.For the previous years,I have been singing as
tenor in the school ensemble and a bass in my own choir.The notes
often had to hit those notes in the higher range but most of the time
the highest notes in the choral pieces are C5 and D5.By the way,D5
used to be my most comfortable note to sing.Right now,I am not in the
school ensemble any more.Man...I really hope I would never want to
sing as tenor in the choir from now onwards even if I am feeling
comfortable once again with my high notes.Afterall it's not my
fach.So what should I do now to regain my high notes once again???My
sense tells me that I should not vocalise C5 and D5 anymore and
concentrate on vocalising my lower notes.Any vocalising exercises to
strength and retain my "lost" notes???Thanks a lot!!!

Baritone
Weijie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12200 Re: Overuse of "high" notes gsanders@b...   Mon  5/28/2001   3 KB
12423 Re: Overuse of "high" notes chenweijie81@y...   Mon  6/4/2001   5 KB
12486 Re: Overuse of "high" notes chenweijie81@y...   Wed  6/6/2001   5 KB
12206 COMPLETELY OFF! My first race! John Alexander Blyth   Mon  5/28/2001   4 KB
12207 Re: COMPLETELY OFF! My first race! Trevor Allen   Tue  5/29/2001   4 KB

emusic.com