Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Wed May 23, 2001  5:51 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Scottish sacred solo

Laura Sharp wrote:

> I have to, um...I mean, get to, sing at a Kirkin' O' the Tartans at a
Methodist church. Anyone have any ideas for Scottish or otherwise Celtic
sacred solos?

Why not do Amazing Grace. It's not known by many but if you go to the Scottish
Heritage site in Scotland the melody is listed there as Ancient Scottish. The
words were written by a seaman who converted to God and the song was imported
to the
USA.

If you decide to do this piece, because it's so well known, I would suggest you
sing it differently than you usually hear it done. I did an arrangement for
The Good Folk that's on the web that is different, and extremely moving
spiritually.
If you wanna hear it go to
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/89/the_good_folk.html and click on "Amazing
Grace."
For you AOL people (artists.mp3s.com/artists/89/the_good_folk.html).

Dean

--
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml
"If you must be wrong,