Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sheila Graham" <sheilagraham@b...>
"Sheila Graham" <sheilagraham@b...>
Date:  Wed May 23, 2001  6:40 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Scottish sacred solo

Hi everyone,

Laura, what ON EARTH is a Kirkin' O' the Tartans?

As regards something Scottish to sing, a lot of people think that the melody
of 'Amazing Grace' was originally Scottish, or at least Celtic (it's
pentatonic, as are many traditional Scots Gaelic melodies.) But maybe that
would be regarded as too simple/well known by some of your audience.

Have fun!

Regards,

Sheila

Sheila Graham
Mezzo-Soprano, Edinburgh, Scotland

www.sheilagraham.demon.co.uk

'She is a singer, and therefore capable of anything' (Bellini)