Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
"Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
Date:  Tue May 22, 2001  5:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Grad school: Curtis

Hi Molly,

I have a friend from Vancouver who has been accepted at Curtis for her
masters next year. I think she is a year older than me (so 23 or 24) and
she is a mezzo. For sure she has an amazing voice, but the technique is not
flawless - there is stuff that needs improving. Most importantly (to me,
anyway) she's a fantastic performer - she gets up there and believes what
she is singing.

So no - it's not impossible to get in there. :). I had another friend who
auditioned there a few years ago, who didn't get in, and I was a little
surprised at that. I think it partly depends on who/what they're looking
for in any one given year.

Good luck!

Fiona

emusic.com