Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Tue May 22, 2001  6:31 am
Subject:  portuguese diction

Dear listers:

I have a student interested in singing some of the Villa Lobos Modinhas
e Canções. I'm trying to locate a source for Portuguese lyric diction,
preferably using IPA, but so far to no avail. Our good friends Caio and
Doris have both pointed me to web sites dealing with Villa Lobos and
Brazilian music, but although these sites are very interesting, they
aren't much help in figuring out the language! Here in Vancouver, the
majority of Portuguese speakers are European, and aren't able to help
much with the peculiarities of sung Brazilian Portuguese. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks (again)
Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

dorisopran@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12082 Re: portuguese diction John Alexander Blyth   Tue  5/22/2001   3 KB
12084 Re: portuguese diction Ciro   Tue  5/22/2001   2 KB
12087 Re: portuguese diction dorisopran@a...   Wed  5/23/2001   3 KB

emusic.com