Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
gwyee@r...
Date:  Tue May 22, 2001  1:41 am
Subject:  The Met on KAZU

At 11:06 AM 5/21/01 -0700, Elizabeth Finkler wrote:

>Oh, well. To hear the opera mavens tell it, we probably hear better singing
>at the approximately 837 tiny opera companies in the Bay Area. If only I
>could pick up KAZU (Pacific Grove) on *this* side of the Santa Cruz
>mountains.

Dear Elizabeth and Vocalist,

Actually, you can listen to KAZU (including the Met broadcast) through the
web at <www.kazu.org/> Just click on "listen live" They stream 24 / 7.
Every once in a while, each segment (opera, bluegrass, prairie home
companion, etc.) holds a pledge drive. Whether the Met broadcasts continue
may depend on those pledges.

KUSP (88.9?FM), the UCSC station, also plays classical vocal music during
the week from 9am-12n.

GWendel, dT

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12078 Re: The Met on KAZU Elizabeth Finkler   Tue  5/22/2001   3 KB

emusic.com