Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@o...>
"Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@o...>
Date:  Mon May 21, 2001  5:39 am
Subject:  Opera queensland chorus audition

Hi, I've decided that I will audition for the opera queensland chorus, for
which auditions are being held late July.
I'm a 28 year old tenor, and my voice leans towards the robust side- Has
anyone on the list had experience in professional opera choruses? What sort
of arias are expected from a youngish tenor?
I'm currently doing dalla sua pace, which i've finally managed to nail down,
and other things like amor ti vieta.
Would something like E lucevan le stelle be too 'full on'? I can do it
really well, but I get the feeling if I walked in and did that, they would
laugh at me and call me a young whippersnapper or something....

Mirko

emusic.com