Vocalist.org archive

From:  Eddie Patterson <edean_patterson@y...>
Eddie Patterson <edean_patterson@y...>
Date:  Mon May 21, 2001  5:40 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Amber Patterson

Hello John,

Below are the answers to your questions about Amber.

--- sjdr9523@y... wrote:
> Couple questions,
>
> -Is she interested in a serious career as an opera
> singer some day?

Yes, she is. She saw Kathleen Battle on TV when she
was six. To be perfectly honest, I knew almost nothing
about opera at the time and I didn't even know who
Kathleen Battle was. Amber decided immediately that
she was going to be an opera singer. She had already
shown a love for singing but this was completely
unexpected. Now, she is about to turn twelve and she
is still singing opera. Her dream is to sing at the
Met. For her 10th birthday, we took her to see Sumi Jo
as Lucia at the Los Angeles Opera. She was allowed to
the best birthday of all time.

> -Who, if you don't mind, are the experts that you
> have spoken to about
> her voice?

The "experts" are some doctors who we had examine her
vocal cords and several people who are either voice
teachers or are in the opera community. Maestro
Salvatore D'aura(sp) who is currently associated with
the Bay Shore Lyric Opera Company compared her to a
young Lily Pons(and he had actually worked with her).
The doctor's have said that her vocal cords are
advanced for her age. Her voice teacher says that
Amber has a natural ability far beyond her years.

> take care,
> John
>
>Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Thank you for your interest.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

emusic.com