Vocalist.org archive

From:  edean_patterson@y...
edean_patterson@y...
Date:  Sat May 19, 2001  5:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Amber Patterson

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Dolphin aura <vocalist-temporary@y..., Dolphin aura < > I stumbled upon little bits of information on this
> little girl named as the worlds youngest coloratura.
> Also found some info of her singing queen of the night
> aria at 7 years of age, I haven't found any sound
> files.
> Does anyone have any information on this girl?
> I'm interested in all of your opinions there. I've
> seen most of you in opposition to Charlotte Church
> singing music before she is ready, this seems really
> beyond that!

Hello,

My name is Eddie Patterson and I am Amber's father. I was just
running a search this morning and discovered this conversation about
my daughter. Let me tell you a little more about Amber. She will be
12 on May 25th. She currently sings in 9 languages, has appeared on
Jenny Jones and Regis and Kathie Lee. She has won numerous awards
including the 1998 Overall World Champion at the World Championships
of Performing Arts. She won that competition with Mozart's "Queen of
the Night's Vengeance Aria".

I agree completely that Charlotte Church is not the best example of a
classical singer. However, Amber is completly different. Amber has
a natural vibrato that she should not have until she is much older.
Listening to her is more like listening to a 19 or 20 year old
coloratura. Her vocal chords are very mature for her age. These are
not things that we are hyping rather they are things that have been
told to us by qualified experts. Her range sits somewhere between
Lily Pons and Sumi Jo. Her current favorite piece is "Casta Diva".

She has performed for numerous dignitaries including former Clinton,
former Vice President Gore, the current President of the Philippines
(she is half Filipino), and 2 former Presidents of the Philppines,
San Francisco Mayor Brown, and California Governor Gray Davis.

She currently has no sound files on line, however, we are working on
a website that will include sound files, video images, and new
material. If you would like more information about her, you can
email either myself at
edean_patterson@y... or my wife Mary Ann
at nitemare4034@y... Or, you can email Amber directly at
littlecoloratura@y... We are very happy to see such interest
littlecoloratura@y... We are very happy to see such interest
in her and appreciate all current and future fans.

Sincerely,
Eddie Patterson

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12039 Re: Amber Patterson sjdr9523@y...   Sun  5/20/2001   2 KB
12045 Re: Amber Patterson Eddie Patterson   Mon  5/21/2001   3 KB

emusic.com