Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Fri May 18, 2001  2:11 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Inspiring Texts

Peter:
I got hooked up with a woman through the Double Reed List-Serve last fall
to promote a contrabassoon recital a group that I sing with was hosting.
She sends a "Quote of the Day" & I asked her to continue to sent them to
me after I dropped out of the list. Here are some of my favorites:

"To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." - Henry
David Thoreau

"Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the
artist
does the better." - Andre Gide

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination
is
more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination
encircles
the world." - Albert Einstein

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of
the
world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not
be,
another child like him." - Pablo Casals (1876 - 1973) Spanish cellist,
conductor

"Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible
delights of the soul." - Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)

Enjoy!

Pat

On Thu, 17 May 2001 09:04:52 +0100 "Peter B North"
<peter@p...> writes:
<peter@p...> writes:
> Hi
>
> I've just rejoined the list after an absence of a couple of years.
> I'm a former Tenor lay-clerk at Ely Cathedral, England; Early-Music
> singer
> in a London group called 'Musica Contexta' , teacher and director of
> several
> groups.
>
> I teach at King's School, Ely and we've just moved into a new Music
> School.
> I have a room with four blank walls and I'd like to put some texts
> up to
> make the students think a little.
> Anybody any ideas?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Peter B North
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

12027 Re: Inspiring Texts Jennifer   Fri  5/18/2001   2 KB

emusic.com