Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Thu May 17, 2001  9:52 pm
Subject:  Count Rodolfo.......too bassy for a baritone?

Hi everyone...
I am a senior baritone vocal performance major... I am
currently working on Count Rodolfo's aria, "Vi
Ravviso". It's pretty long, but it's gorgeous. The
score calls for a bass to sing this. I am do not have
typically bass qualities to my voice. My question is:
Is the Bellini material written for a bass to bassy
for a baritone? I have done other material written
for basses, like "Non piu andrai", so I don't really
have a problem with it. My voice teacher, on the
other hand, wonders if we are wasting time on such a
large chunck of music when it's not what part I sing.
Any opinions?????

Thanks,
Trevor

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12023 Re: Count Rodolfo.......too bassy for a baritone? John Alexander Blyth   Fri  5/18/2001   6 KB

emusic.com