Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@c...>
John Link <johnlink@c...>
Date:  Thu May 17, 2001  4:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Inspiring Texts

mike wrote:

>there is something that i have seen attributed to both beethoven and
>goethe (i suspect it is the latter) and unfortunately, i only remember the
>gist of it (i'm usually even less helpful).

I too think it was Goethe, who I remember was quoted by the jazz
pianist Bill Evans as writing that anyone can be a master who is
willing to work within his limitations. That would be another text
for your classroom. Maybe somebody knows where Bill Evans said what
he did about Goethe, or where Goethe wrote what Bill Evans attributed
to him.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais
http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12026 Re: Inspiring Texts Jennifer   Fri  5/18/2001   2 KB

emusic.com