Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
"Ginny Allen" <revginny@w...>
Date:  Thu May 17, 2001  4:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Inspiring texts

This passage has kept me on task
when circumstances have seemed against me:
I like to sing it to "dona nobis pacem" tune,
in fact have arranged it as a SAB canon:

The Lord knows the plans He has for you,
Plans to prosper you; not to harm you.
Plans to give you a hope;
Plans to give you a future.
Seek Him and you will find Him,
When you seek Him with all your heart.

From the Old Testament Prophet - Jeremiah 29:11-13
~ The Bible

If you're teaching young students and using any quotations from the Bible,
(the longest running best-seller)
I'd suggest using quotes from the contemporary version,
THE MESSAGE BIBLE (Edited by Peterson, published by NavPress)

It is so relevant and easily applicable in today's times.
King James is still great for poetry,
New International Version is best for accuracy to original texts,
but THE MESSAGE hits you in the face with its freshness and relevance.
Great leisure reading! Imagine, reading the Bible for FUN!

Rev. Ginny Allen
And for whatever it's worth - :)
B.M.Ed.; M.C.M.
BMI Composer, NYC
Ordained Southern Baptist Minister, 1979
Ordained United Methodist Minister, 2002
Asst. Pastor of First United Methodist Church of Chipley, FL

emusic.com