Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Wed Apr 26, 2000  10:56 pm
Subject:  RE: Press Releases

Fiona Chow wrote:

> Ah ha! I have a question - how does one go about writing a press
> release? What should be contained within one, how long should it be and to
> whom should it be addressed?

Open your local paper to the arts section and read some of the hype about shows,

new release albums, plays, etc. Then construct a similar message with the
facts, where it takes place, times, dates, who should attend, and other
information you think should be known. Don't do fancy writing, 'Just the facts
m'am'

Put PRESS RELEASE and the date as the header on the piece of paper and sign it
with your name, address and phone, and send it to whatever paper you want it to
appear in with the envelope adressed to EDITOR (newspaper) and on the lower
right hand corner of the envelops write, 'PRESS RELEASE - DATED.'

That's all.

--
Dean FH Macy, Lit.D./Mus.D.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

"Specializing in Management of exceptionally talented youth in Music"
<http://www.newenglandtalent.org> EPI Records - NetWork Films

"Making children do something they don't want to do is the job of the parents.
If that doesn't work, there are always juvenile detention centers." - Mike R.
-

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1201 Re: Press Releases Elizabeth Finkler   Wed  4/26/2000   4 KB

emusic.com