Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
gwyee@r...
Date:  Thu May 17, 2001  12:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Scanning-Transposing

Dear Vocalistmates,

Earlier, I posted--
> Do you know of a computer program which would automatically
>transpose music? It would be nice to be able to scan music into the
>computer, have it recognized as notes by the software, and then transposed
>to a selected key.

I very quickly (thanks so very much) received several responses,
including references to "Nightingale", "Sibelius", "MusicTime", and
"SmartScore". Unfortunately, I think I'll have to stick to manually
transposing my scores for now. All but "MusicTime" are priced $300-$500,
which is a bit steep for me to justify with only my sporadic occasional use.
And while "MusicTime" is priced at $99, it doesn't appear to support scanning.

Thanks, anyway.

GWendel, dT

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12040 Re: Scanning-Transposing Margaret Harrison   Sun  5/20/2001   3 KB

emusic.com