Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Wed May 16, 2001  7:47 pm
Subject:  Whatever became of... (was: Mellow Yellow (Quite Rightly)

Ever wonder whatever became of some of these big names from the '60s and
'70s. I ask because I learned something rather amusing this weekend about
Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, former guitarist for the Doobie Brothers and Steely
Dan. Apparently Baxter has become a leading, self-taught expert in
Missile Defense, and is now working as an adviser to Rep. Curt Weldon
(R-Pa.) in this area, and a major advocate for the "defense shield"
proposed by G.W. Bush.

Which only goes to show that rock musicians don't all necessarily become
anti-establishmentarians (or even Democrats).

KM
NEIL SHICOFF, TENORE SUPREMO
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Own Website