Vocalist.org archive

From:  Cyndee Szymkowicz <cyndeesings@y...>
Cyndee Szymkowicz <cyndeesings@y...>
Date:  Wed May 16, 2001  9:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest Number 682

Re: 50-ish singer whose voice "cut out": this has
happened to me several times in my life, and was
allergy related. Using guaifenesin when I'm taking
allergy medicine solved that problem for the most
part. Of course, it doesn't mean that that's HER
problem, too. Oh, yes, also happened once on a
FILTHY, DUSTY, MOULDY old set, and not just to me, but
to several people in the show.

Re: a fixed ensemble of local singers who could take
time to rehearse, etc.: This is a perfect description
of the set-up in small to medium houses in Germany for
which the "fach system" was evolved. There are lots
of pros and cons for this system, and the long
(sometimes exhausting) rehearsal periods don't always
lead to better performances or productions, although
they sometimes do.

Cyndee Szymkowicz
CyndeeSings@o...
CyndeeSings@o...