Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@c...>
John Link <johnlink@c...>
Date:  Wed May 16, 2001  1:43 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] problems posting to the list.

Sandra wrote about her problems posting to this list and her
solution. I recently received the following from the moderator of
another yahoogroups list to which I belong (the Feldyforum, for
Feldenkrais practitioners) and thought that it might be useful to
post it here. I have replaced the moderator's personal information in
his post with my own.

someone@e...> and <> may look

sentto-478810-11929-989966298-johnlink=con2.com@r...

>This is the email address where a non-delivery notice will go if my
>mail cannot be successfully delivered. My email address,
><johnlink@c...>, is buried in that line, with the @ replaced
><johnlink@c...>, is buried in that line, with the @ replaced
>by an =, so that the whole line is itself a valid return address.
>(It's interesting to note that yahoogroups is still using onelist.com
>in this address.)
>
>Please check your email address right now and see if it's correct. If
>not, either correct it or make a note of it in case you need to
>interact with yahoo about your subscription in the future. It's easy
>to end up with more than one email address pointing at the same
>account, and not even realize it's happened.
>
>There are several ways to correct the problem, depending on what
>caused it. If it's just a different variant on your address, such as
>email.msn.com vs msn.com, you can change the return address in your
>email software to the one that Feldyforum uses. If you don't want to
>do that, or your Feldyforum email is being forwarded from an old
>account you're no longer using, you can change the address on the
>groups. yahoo.com website or unsubscribe from your old address and
>resubscribe from your new one. If you no longer have access to the
>old account, I can unsubscribe you, though I'd prefer that you take
>care of it yourself if possible.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais
http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet