Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Tue May 15, 2001  2:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Repertoire question: Etienne or Steven

Debussy set some (Stephane) Mallarme, I thought. Then there is
Shostakovich's exciting cantata The Execution of Stepan Rasin, with the
baritone solo I would love to do.
St. Stephen was martyred by stoning.Did Cheech and Chong ever do songs?
Good King Wenceslas looked out, on the feast of...You could always do some
Gloria Estefan covers!
I suppose I should have used some smileys.john

At 12:50 PM 5/15/01 +0200, you wrote:

>Dear Vocalisters,
>
>I'm looking for a lied, oratorium, opera or even instrumental piece which
is dedicated to or tells the story of someone named Steven, Stefano,
Etienne...