Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sat May 12, 2001  7:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] My letter about Opera on radio

"Lloyd W. Hanson" wrote:

> Margaret:
>
> I am not in your area but I also liked your letter. We must never
> underestimate the power of well writtne and intelligent letters of
> protest. It is well to remember that most of the people who recieive
> these letters are merely holding a job. Their committment is to that
> job. It is their their "primary directive". Anythig that can be
> done to make them a bit uneasy will usually get result. Lets all
> write.

Lloyd, thanks SO much for your support. I'm glad you liked
my letter. How refreshingly different from the moderators
of Choraltalk, who refused to allow it to appear on their
list, though they offered to allow me to put an internet
link to it. I declined the honor.

I am very depressed at the moment, because it's looking bad
so far, for getting anyone to put the Met back on the air in
the Washington, DC area, but we'll keep on trying!

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11857 Re: My letter about Opera on radio Karen Mercedes   Sun  5/13/2001   2 KB
11873 Re: My letter about Opera on radio agoldhammer@y...   Mon  5/14/2001   2 KB
11881 Re: My letter about Opera on radio Karen Mercedes   Mon  5/14/2001   3 KB
11885 Re: My letter about Opera on radio agoldhammer@y...   Mon  5/14/2001   2 KB

emusic.com