Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@o...>
"Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@o...>
Date:  Sat May 12, 2001  8:36 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest Number 670

>> I'm practising dalla sua pace, and I can get through
>> 3\4 of it now
>> properly(singing it operatically, not like a lied,
>> btw which is why it's so hard).

>Them's fightin' words! *I* think that lieder
>technique is slightly different than operatic
>technique, but I suspect that some on the list may
>disagree with you.

>Just so I know I'm not the only one in the world who
>thinks this way, how would you describe the difference
>(in feeling and in hearing from the audience) between
>singing Mozart operatically vs. like a lied?
>
>Maybe I am the only one who thinks this way...
>
>Isabelle B.

I'm sorry! I mean to say 'that's why it's so hard ***for me***'
I don't think one style is harder than the other- I'm working on an
operatic production now,
and it takes a lot for me to let go of the voice and create the big
monstrous sound that my voice naturally wants to make. I could never sing
it *properly* in a lighter voice- my head would explode.

Mirko

Tenor

emusic.com