Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed Apr 26, 2000  4:41 am
Subject:  Re: OFF TOPIC: Bobcat Goldthwaite [vocalist-temporary] I Need Advice

In a message dated 04/25/2000 8:31:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
lasharp@n... writes:

<< I sounded like Bobcat Goldthwaite. >>

Now there's a voice that's distinctive, albeit damaged!!! I have to share
this because it was a moment that I will never forget... back when PCs were a
new toy for me, I was shopping at CompUSA and looking at a PC. I noticed
that it had all sorts of cool effects, such as beeps and sirens and stuff
that you could program for error tones and the like. Well, one choice was
listed as "Bobcat" so I pressed it, thinking it would go "rawr." Instead, I
got the dulcet tones of Bobcat Goldthwaite yelling, "HEY! You made a
mistake!!"

You had to pick me up off the floor ...

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com