Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Date:  Thu May 10, 2001  7:28 pm
Subject:  re: heads buried in scores

mike wrote:

> reclusive? shy? maybe so. (i actually find praise from audience
>members after a performance kind of embarrassing.) whatever the reason, if
>all i have to offer is the sounds i make, whether or not i use music is not
>even a moot point. i am sure i am not alone in wanting just to be held
>responsible for the sound of a perfomance. the expectation of people who
>are just interested in making music to have to put on some kind of visual
>display, seems a bit unfair.

This is very interesting! A singer who is not a ham! I guess you make
great recordings, eh?

I have just the opposite feeling: I am much more comfortable being
perceived as the whole artist -- it gives me the willies to be represented
just by a tape, for instance, because I feel that that makes me special and
interesting is my communicative gift.

Thanks for another perspective!
Naomi

Greypins@a...