Vocalist.org archive

From:  Fiona Tse Min Chow <fionat@i...>
Fiona Tse Min Chow <fionat@i...>
Date:  Thu May 10, 2001  4:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Urgent repertoire help needed

> I expect to be paid at the funeral? Or do funeral
> homes usually send a cheque later? Perhaps I should
> ask? The business end of performing is much harder

In my experience, and me living in your end of the world - they
send a cheque. There has even been one instance where they DIDN'T send a
cheque when they should have - that was more complicated. Of course, I
guess the other thing is that the person who hires you (minister, even the
organist, etc) isn't necessarily the one who writes the bills or what not,
so i suppose that probably has a factor in it, but that doesn't excuse
your not being paid.
Have fun! and sing loud!

Fiona

emusic.com