Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Thu May 10, 2001  4:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Urgent repertoire help needed

> Fairly high is a bit of an understatement here,
> Mike--I haven't looked
> lately, but believe it requires a good, easy high
> E!
>
> Judy >>
>
> oh! i thought it only went do C# or D. well,
> she could always
> transpose it.

I am queen of transposition :o). For funerals, where
most people wouldn't know or care what key you're
doing it in, I have no qualms about transposing almost
anything. The song Karen suggested, How could I know?,
sits a little low for me (although I can do it in the
original key it sounds better higher in my voice) so
I've already hiked it up, even though it's from a
musical. The only music I'd really hesitate to
transpose are opera arias.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and
encouragement. I'm still waiting to hear back from the
funeral director, although the organist has told me he
probably won't care what I sing.

Here's another question, since I'm new at this. Should
I expect to be paid at the funeral? Or do funeral
homes usually send a cheque later? Perhaps I should
ask? The business end of performing is much harder
than I anticipated...

Jennifer

11737 Re: Urgent repertoire help needed John Link   Thu  5/10/2001   2 KB
11739 Re: Urgent repertoire help needed Jennifer   Thu  5/10/2001   2 KB
11751 Re: Urgent repertoire help needed John Link   Thu  5/10/2001   3 KB
11747 Re: Urgent repertoire help needed Karen Mercedes   Thu  5/10/2001   2 KB
11741 Re: Urgent repertoire help needed Fiona Tse Min Chow   Thu  5/10/2001   2 KB
11746 Re: Urgent repertoire help needed Karen Mercedes   Thu  5/10/2001   3 KB

emusic.com