Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
"Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
Date:  Thu May 10, 2001  4:03 am
Subject:  Re: Urgent repertoire help needed

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Jennifer <vocalist-temporary@y..., Jennifer < > sing at a funeral on Friday. My very first funeral gig
> (and my first paying gig)! I'm very excited...

Any setting of Psalm 23. I especially like "The Bird's Song" by
Vaughan Williams from the 7 Songs from Pilgrim's Progress. (The song
is sung by a bird in the opera, but the text is Psalm 23.)

There are also setting by Dvorak, Creston, and Malotte among others.
The Lord's Prayer (Malotte, or others) would be appropriate. One of
my favorites is "His eye is on the sparrow" arranged by Zaninelli in
5 American Gospel Songs.

Good luck! Remember, you are providing an important part of this
service.

-JS

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11731 Favourite Psalm Settings (was: Urgent repertoire Karen Mercedes   Thu  5/10/2001   3 KB

emusic.com