Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@c...>
John Link <johnlink@c...>
Date:  Thu May 10, 2001  2:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] reading skills or rather a lack thereof.........

>Ah! You are very right! The problem with me (besides genetics - it
>runs in the family),

That it runs in the family doesn't prove anything about genetics. We
learn SO much from our families concerning movement and language that
I suspect that reading habits are included.

>is that when I read aloud I usually do so to tell
>something quickly. To quote. Save time. And in my time-saving effort,
>I race through the words. (And possibly end up wasting time, I
>know...)
>I try to avoid reading aloud as much as possible..... For the benefit
>of my environment.

I suggest you turn that one around, for the sake of yourself as well
as your environment.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais
http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet