Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu May 10, 2001  1:21 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Urgent repertoire help needed

In a message dated 5/9/2001 6:39:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dalila@R... writes:
dalila@R... writes:

<< Actually, I was tickled to learn that one of the most-requested secular
songs for funerals at present is "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life",
(Eric Idle) from Monty Python's LIFE OF BRIAN. >>

my wife's aunt wants me to sing 'ding, dong, the witch is dead' at her
funeral.

for serious suggestions, the poem 'pippa's song' by robert browning was
read to me by my grandmother on the day of my uncle larry's funeral. the
last line, 'god's in his heaven, all's right with the world', has stuck in my
mind ever since whenever i think of him. and, though i am an atheist (i
don't really care that much), i have always found that a comforting thought
when thinking of this uncle who was very important to me. the best setting
i have ever heard is by ned rorem. it is fairly high but worth checking out.

mike

emusic.com