Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Nande" <denanny@h...>
"Nande" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Wed May 9, 2001  9:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] reading skills or rather a lack thereof.........

Ah! You are very right! The problem with me (besides genetics - it
runs in the family), is that when I read aloud I usually do so to tell
something quickly. To quote. Save time. And in my time-saving effort,
I race through the words. (And possibly end up wasting time, I
know...)
I try to avoid reading aloud as much as possible..... For the benefit
of my environment.
:-))
Nande

> As a speech teacher, I am wondering why anyone would differentiate
between
> "regular" reading and "dramatic" reading. I teach that, in order to
read or
> speak well, one needs to make it as lively (a.k.a. dramatic) as
possible!
> :-)
>
> --
> |\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair, Music Department
> | Rhodes College, 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
> | 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
> () http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11705 Re: reading skills or rather a lack thereof...... John Link   Thu  5/10/2001   2 KB

emusic.com