Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jan Naets" <najstean@h...>
"Jan Naets" <najstean@h...>
Date:  Mon May 7, 2001  10:40 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Song Cycles

>Hola mi amigos y amigas!
>
>I'm a 19 year old baritone studying vocal performance in college and
>was wondering if there were any other young baritones out there that
>love to sing too! Anyways, I'm looking for more literature to add to
>my repertoire. But, I dont know where to look. The pieces I chose for
>my jury were a bit challenging. I could do them, its just that it
>took a lot out of me when i finished. I guess its just that i dont
>know whats right for my voice type. Some of the more challenging
>things i have done were "Bella siccome un angelo" from Don Giovanni
>and "But who may abide" from Messiah. I know that those are crazy
>songs for a freshman in college to be doing, but they're fun and I
>like doing them. It's just that it takes sooo much out of me to sing
>them. I want to do pieces that still challenge me, but dont put me to
>sleep while singing them. Ok, OK, now that you all know I'm a
>weakling, does anyone have any suggestions for this wimpy baritone.

>hehe.

Hi

I think you can find some intresting titles on this site:

www.koncon.nl/~tputten

This is the side of a dutch teacher.
She wants to help students to enlarge their repertoire, to their proper
level.
I think everything on this site is explained in English aswell.
You can search titles on 1)voice type; 2)difficulty; 3)composer;4)
language;5)....

I hope it will be of some help to you.

Jan