Vocalist.org archive

From:  dsanmig@h...
dsanmig@h...
Date:  Sun May 6, 2001  8:01 am
Subject:  Song Cycles

Hola mi amigos y amigas!

I'm a 19 year old baritone studying vocal performance in college and
was wondering if there were any other young baritones out there that
love to sing too! Anyways, I'm looking for more literature to add to
my repertoire. But, I dont know where to look. The pieces I chose for
my jury were a bit challenging. I could do them, its just that it
took a lot out of me when i finished. I guess its just that i dont
know whats right for my voice type. Some of the more challenging
things i have done were "Bella siccome un angelo" from Don Giovanni
and "But who may abide" from Messiah. I know that those are crazy
songs for a freshman in college to be doing, but they're fun and I
like doing them. It's just that it takes sooo much out of me to sing
them. I want to do pieces that still challenge me, but dont put me to
sleep while singing them. Ok, OK, now that you all know I'm a
weakling, does anyone have any suggestions for this wimpy baritone.
hehe.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11626 Re: Song Cycles Jeffrey Snider   Sun  5/6/2001   2 KB
11636 Re: Song Cycles Karen Mercedes   Mon  5/7/2001   3 KB
11639 Re: Song Cycles Jan Naets   Mon  5/7/2001   3 KB
11648 Re: Song Cycles Trevor Allen   Mon  5/7/2001   3 KB
11649 Re: Song Cycles Greypins@a...   Mon  5/7/2001   2 KB

emusic.com