Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri May 4, 2001  5:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Voice Lessons over the summer

sopran@a... wrote:

> << If that is true, then how is it that credit bureaus and
> those who report information to them can stay in business
> without being sued to death? >>
>
> Credit bureaus will not release the information to just anyone. And they are
> required by law to take steps to make certain that the information they
> provide is accurate, and allow you to review it and challenge any errors. A
> creditor (usuallly) has to have your permission to access the information in
> your report. That may be changing very soon, however!
>
> That's quite a bit different than sharing information on a person's private
> financial dealings (honest or not) behind his or her back.

Yes, but reports are still made TO credit bureaus from
creditors, and that information is disseminated by the
credit bureau without the bureau's having verified ANY of
the information from creditors as accurate. Often
information is inaccurate, and yet, companies who send
credit bureaus inaccurate information stay in business and
prosper!

Again, I would not recommend broadcasting information
willy-nilly. But answering legitimate questions TRUTHFULLY
should never be against the law (unless, of course, one had
signed a contract with a confidentiality requirement, or the
answer involves national security classified information, or
there is some other legal requirement like medical privacy).

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

emusic.com