Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa Miller" <lmiller12@c...>
"Lisa Miller" <lmiller12@c...>
Date:  Thu May 3, 2001  7:10 am
Subject:  College students

I adjunct at two different schools (as well as teach privately), and it
seems as though most of the music majors (not just mine) are not taking
school seriously. We had students not show up to juries - or came & said,
"I'm only going to sing one song," etc. The amount and creativity of excuses
this semester is astounding to me. Is it just me, or does this seem
unusually common this year? I would like to hear what others' schools'
policies are on students who don't live up to their obligations.

Lisa Miller
lmiller12@c...
lmiller12@c...
http://webpages.charter.net/lmiller12/index/Lisa'sClassicalMusicHomepage/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11568 Re: College students Jeffrey Snider   Thu  5/3/2001   3 KB
11589 Re: College students BdwayDiva1@a...   Fri  5/4/2001   3 KB

emusic.com