Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Domisosing@a...
Date:  Tue May 1, 2001  5:36 pm
Subject:  MA vs. MM degree.

Hi list,
I've been evaluating grad programs in my area and have found a a
university that offers an MA in Music performance. I'm extremely impressed
with the program and it's flexibilty in allowing me to design much of my
studies to suit the specific areas that I am pursuing in my professional
life. I hate to say it, but I just don't need another 3 terms of music
history, and more, never have I needed to use the figured bass resolutions
that I had to slave through in analysis............LOL
My question is when pursuing teaching positions, does an MM degree carry
a heavier weight than an MA degree. Or, is it more based on the particular
strengths of the applicant?

THanks a bunch,
Mary Beth F.

emusic.com