Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Tue May 1, 2001  1:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Voice Lessons over the summer

I don't understand why all voice teachers don't bill
for the month's lessons on the first of the month.
The payment is due in advance, and you don't start
your lessons that month until you've paid. The idea
of having to ask for a check after every lesson seems
like it inserts a yucky degree of business into what
should be a creative experience. I think that getting
the process out of the way in advance, by mail, seems
like the best solution.

Was it Garcia who discretely left a vase in his front
hall, into which it was understood that students were
to deposit their payment every month? He never
mentioned money but non-payers were quickly dismissed.
I think I read that in a Jenny Lind biography.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte, ibracamonte@y...
San Francisco, CA
moderator of Vocalist: the mailing list for singers
(vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com)

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

emusic.com