Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
"Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
Date:  Mon Apr 30, 2001  2:32 am
Subject:  Re: Voice Lessons over the summer

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., John Link <vocalist-temporary@y..., John Link < >I say that my students don't represent
> anything but themselves.
>
> John Link

In my world, for better or for worse, we are judged by our students.
At UNT, we have a Voice Departmental Recital every week. We are a
large enough program that we have 45-minute to hour programs with
JUST voice students.

Believe me, every time a student gets up to sing, the teacher is
judged. And, in severe cases, poor performances by students can mean
dismissal, failure to receive promotion and/or tenure, or loss of
merit salary increases. And I bet it's better here at UNT than at
many other institutions!

It may or may not be right, but this is reality.

-JS

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11484 Re: Voice Lessons over the summer John Link   Mon  4/30/2001   3 KB

emusic.com