Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Sun Apr 29, 2001  4:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] a singing aussie truckie with a problem

Hi Peter,

Just a question or two re. your burning sensation. Is
it a burning type tickle, or is it a hot pokers on the
back of the throat feeling?

Generally throat itches (which to some extent will be
natural after doing some hard work on the larynx) are
to do with blasting lots of air pressure through the
cords. They then dry up and the poor glands that
supply the mucous have to work doubly hard. It did
occur to me that you may have strained a muscle too.
That would naturally cause some discomfort.

I'd be interested to know further. O and while I'm
about it, hello to all on the list: I haven't posted
anything for ages because my computer has gone
haywire!!

Take care,

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!