Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@c...>
John Link <johnlink@c...>
Date:  Sun Apr 29, 2001  3:23 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: Voice Lessons over the summer

>To be fair to NATS and to voice teachers in general, the Code of
>Ethics is not intended to provide teachers with "ownership."
>
>I have actually heard of cases where a student was working with two
>teachers and one didn't know about it. Now, if I'm teaching a student
>and that student is secretly working with another teacher, that
>student still represents ME and MY teaching every time he or she
>sings. It is not fair to me (or the other teacher for that matter)
>that this student represents my work.

Jeffrey, what you write ("that student still represents ME and MY
teaching every time he or she sings") suggests to me that you believe
that you own your students. I say that my students don't represent
anything but themselves.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais
http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11482 Re: Voice Lessons over the summer Jeffrey Snider   Mon  4/30/2001   2 KB
11484 Re: Voice Lessons over the summer John Link   Mon  4/30/2001   3 KB

emusic.com