Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
"David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Fri Apr 27, 2001  6:34 pm
Subject:  Steroid Question...

Hey folks,

I am facing an interesting situation, and I desire you input and expertise.
I am giving a recital on Sunday afternoon (3:30 p.m., Mabee auditorium, East
Texas Baptist University), and my voice is trashed--about an octave lower
than normal, due to a cold of some kind. I am considering using prednisone,
but I have never done so before. Can you (esp. those docs out there) give
some advice on its usage--whether or not to use it, how soon in advance to
use it, etc. Thank you for any information you have, especially those of
you who have used it before personally. Oh, on my recital, I will be
performing the Bach cantata "Ich will den Kreuzstab gerne tragen", the Ravel
"Don Quichotte" songs, and four Charles Ives selections, Autumn, A Song--for
Anything, Memories-A, very pleasant and B-Rather sad, and Charlie Rutledge.
I sure wish I felt better!

Sincerely,
David Grogan

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11439 Re: Steroid Question... John Messmer, M.D.   Fri  4/27/2001   3 KB
11444 Re: Steroid Question... Greypins@a...   Sat  4/28/2001   2 KB
11477 Re: Steroid Question... gsanders@b...   Sun  4/29/2001   3 KB

emusic.com