Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Fri Apr 27, 2001  3:15 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] songs by Danish composers

Nielsen wrote more than just a few songs, and that they're the most widely
known part of his oeuvre in Denmark. They're mostly strophic, which might
explain why they haven't travelled well.I suspect Hansen has probably
published many of them, and the Royal Danish Library has a complete Nielsen
edition (in I know not what state of progress). Scandinavians know each
others' closely related languages much better than you might think (and
perhaps better than some are willing to admit). Finnish and the various
kinds of Saami being obvious exceptions. john